Old Mutual Investment Group may electronically collect, store and use certain personal information about you which may include making use of third party data related service providers, such as cloud storage service providers. Cloud storage is a service through which data is maintained, managed, backed up remotely and made available to those authorised to access such data, over a network (typically the Internet).
Old Mutual Investment Group and its directors, officers and employees respect your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
We will only collect, disclose, collate, process and store your personal information that you supply to us via this website:
- to identify you; and/or
- for the specific and explicitly defined purpose for which we request the information from you, as stated on the relevant web pages; and/or
- to the extent necessary to enable us to meet our obligations to you (insofar as it relates to the purpose for which we have collected your personal information); and/or
- to comply with any legal obligation imposed on us. Personal information that you supply to us via this website (your personal information) is only used and processed:
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties outside the Old Mutual Group, other than third party data related service providers, and/or process it further, unless you have expressly consented to such disclosure and/or further processing.
We may further process your personal information if it is in accordance or compatible with the purpose for which the personal information was originally collected. Further processing of your personal information shall be in accordance or compatible with the purpose for which it was collected if:
- the information is available in or derived from a public record;
- it is necessary to avoid prejudice to the maintenance of the law, including the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution and punishment of offences;
- it is necessary to comply with an obligation imposed by law;
- for the conduct of proceedings in any court or tribunal that have commenced or are reasonably contemplated;
- it is in the interest of national security;
- further processing is necessary to prevent or mitigate a serious or imminent threat to public health or public safety; and/or
- it is in the public interest to do so (to the extent granted by the Information Regulator under the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013).
To the extent that you provide us with your personal information, we will-
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details or to correct any errors;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control.
Your information will not be shared with other companies in the Old Mutual Group to inform you about products and services that might be of interest to you, unless you have specifically consented to this.
If you interact with us or if you browse our website, we may from time to time collect information which you supply such as your email address. We may also use “Cookies” to enable us to provide features that allow users to use this website more efficiently and effectively. “Cookies” are small pieces of data stored on the user’s hard drive and will not be used by Old Mutual Investment Group to store personal information.
You can set your browser in most instances to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it or not. You can also generally set your browser to turn off cookies.
We may also include Web beacons in marketing e-mail messages or our newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and links contained within clicked on. For more information in this regard please go to the “Technical” page published under the Legal section on our website.
Old Mutual Investment Group may from time to time use your personal information to compile profiles for statistical purposes.
For example, when you visit our Web sites, we may log certain information that your browser sends us, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access time, and referring Web site addresses, and we may collect information about the pages you view within our sites and other actions you take while visiting us. We may also use such technologies to determine whether you've opened an e-mail or clicked on a link contained in an e-mail. Collecting information in this manner allows us to collect statistics about the usage and effectiveness of our Web site, personalise your experience and tailor our interactions with you.
The information you provide to Old Mutual Investment Group, as well as the information we have collected about you indirectly, may be used by Old Mutual Investment Group for marketing purposes. Before we do so, however, we will offer you the opportunity to choose whether or not to have your information used in this way. You may at any time choose not to receive marketing materials from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each e-mail you may receive, by indicating so when we call you, or by contacting us directly.
If you don't want your cookie information to be associated with your visits to these pages, you can set your browser to turn off. If you turn off cookies, Web beacon and other technologies will still detect visits to these pages; however, they will not be associated with information otherwise stored in cookies.
You may access the information we hold about you and request to correct any errors or update information on the website.
We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
We cannot guarantee that your communications will be free from unauthorised access by third parties. Accordingly, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THIRD PARTIES’ UNAUTHORISED ACCESS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.